Are you searching for a delicious and easy-to-make pork curry recipe? Look no further! In this article, we will share with you the best pork curry recipe that will satisfy your taste buds. Whether you are a beginner or an experienced cook, this recipe will be perfect for you. So, let’s get started!
Here are the ingredients that you will need to make the best pork curry:
- 2 pounds of pork shoulder
- 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon of grated ginger
- 2 tablespoons of tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon of curry powder
- 1 teaspoon of ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon of ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon of cayenne pepper
- 1 can of coconut milk
- 1 cup of chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon of brown sugar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Chopped cilantro for garnish
Step 1: Preparing the Pork
Cut the pork shoulder into cubes and season with salt and pepper. In a large pot, heat the vegetable oil over medium-high heat. Add the pork and cook until browned on all sides, about 5 minutes. Remove the pork from the pot and set it aside.
Step 2: Cooking the Onion, Garlic, and Ginger
Add the chopped onion to the same pot and sauté until it becomes translucent, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic and ginger and cook for another minute.
Step 3: Adding the Spices
Add the tomato paste, curry powder, cumin, coriander, and cayenne pepper to the pot. Stir until the spices are well combined with the onion mixture.
Step 4: Adding the Coconut Milk and Chicken Broth
Pour in the coconut milk and chicken broth, and stir well to combine. Add the brown sugar and stir again. Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce the heat to low and let it simmer for 30 minutes.
Step 5: Adding the Pork
Add the browned pork to the pot and stir well. Cover the pot and let it simmer for another 30 minutes, or until the pork is tender.
Step 6: Serving the Pork Curry
Garnish the pork curry with chopped cilantro and serve hot with rice or naan bread. Enjoy!
Tips and Tricks
Here are some tips and tricks to make the best pork curry:
- If you prefer a spicier curry, add more cayenne pepper or red chili flakes.
- If you want a creamier curry, use full-fat coconut milk instead of light coconut milk.
- You can also add vegetables such as potatoes, carrots, or bell peppers to the curry to make it more nutritious.
- Leftover pork curry can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Now that you know how to make the best pork curry recipe, why not try it out for yourself? It’s a delicious and easy-to-make dish that will surely impress your family and friends. So, go ahead and give it a try!