Who doesn’t love a good pork rib? It’s a classic dish that can be enjoyed in many different ways. One of the best ways to prepare pork ribs is by using belly pork. Belly pork is fatty, tender, and full of flavor, making it perfect for slow-cooking. In this article, we’ll share with you a delicious and easy recipe for belly pork ribs that you can make in your own kitchen.
Before we get started, let’s take a look at the ingredients you’ll need to make this dish:
- 2 lbs. of belly pork ribs
- 1 tablespoon of smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon of garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon of onion powder
- 1 tablespoon of cumin
- 1 tablespoon of brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of black pepper
- 1 cup of barbecue sauce
Now that you have all the ingredients, let’s start cooking!
- Preheat your oven to 250°F.
- Place the belly pork ribs in a baking dish.
- In a small bowl, mix together the smoked paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, cumin, brown sugar, salt, and black pepper.
- Sprinkle the spice mix over both sides of the ribs, making sure to rub it in well.
- Cover the baking dish with foil and place it in the oven.
- Bake the ribs for 3 hours, or until they are tender and easily pull apart with a fork.
- Remove the baking dish from the oven and increase the temperature to 375°F.
- Brush the barbecue sauce over the top of the ribs.
- Place the baking dish back in the oven, uncovered, and bake for an additional 20-30 minutes, or until the barbecue sauce has caramelized and the ribs are crispy on top.
- Remove the baking dish from the oven and let the ribs cool for a few minutes before serving.
There are many ways you can serve belly pork ribs. Here are a few of our favorite suggestions:
- Serve with a side of coleslaw and baked beans for a classic barbecue meal.
- Serve with a side of mashed sweet potatoes for a sweeter twist on the traditional pork rib dish.
- Serve with a side of garlic roasted vegetables for a healthier option.
Belly pork ribs are a delicious and easy dish to make in your own kitchen. With just a few simple ingredients and a little bit of time, you can have a flavorful and tender pork rib that everyone will love. Give this recipe a try and let us know how it turns out!